Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm guilty!

I admit that I often take for granted how fortunate I am to live in Montana. People from other parts of the country can't fathom the opportunities for trail riding we have.

Within 50 miles of home, I can ride in four different wilderness areas, a national park and literally millions of acres of other federal and state lands.

I don't need a permit or permission. I can routinely view wildlife from grizzly bears to big horn sheep. I can ride into a high mountain lake and fly fish for native cutthroat trout, enjoy the view of countless Rocky Mountain peaks or ride through meadows carpeted with wildflowers.

I'm quite sure I could ride a different trail every weekend for the rest of my life. There is always something new around the next turn, over the next mountain. I can't wait for spring. I think I'll oil my saddle!

By the way, if you get the itch, we have a corral behind the store and you're welcome to use it!

No comments: