Sunday, October 05, 2008

Le Cadeoau Du Cheval (The Horse Gift)


Someone sent me a link to this mural a while ago, and I just assumed that most horse people had seen it as well. But, I've been told that I am very wrong, and I should put this link out there. This remarkable mural is made up of 238 individual paintings and panels done by 174 artists from all over the world. It was unveiled September 3, 2008 at Spruce Meadows in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It will be traveling to different venues (such as the National Finals Rodeo in Vegas and the Quarter Horse Congress) for the next two years. After that, it will be donated to a permanent public showcase. Check it out!

The image at left shows the creative team of Phil Alain, Paul Lavoie and Lewis Lavoie (photo credit Lavoie Studios).

No comments: